Performance Health and Wellness – Irvine Nutrition Counseling
At Performance Health and Wellness, our customized nutrition counseling provides realistic solutions for a wide range of health concerns including obesity, weight loss, eating disorders, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, digestive issues, and much more. Our Irvine nutrition counseling services include pediatric nutritional counseling, where we help our most vulnerable age group overcome picky eating habits and help parents and caregivers manage kids’ nutritional issues from infancy to adolescence. We offer sports nutrition counseling, extending our expertise for both recreational fitness and competitive sports. We also help people of all ages understand how using the correct foods to fuel their bodies impacts overall health and wellness.
Nutritional Counseling — More Than Just Weight Loss
The goal at Performance Health and Wellness is to help you understand the importance of proper nutrition and how it can transform your body, mind, and spirit. Our Holistic approach to nutrition, following the principals of functional medicine, aims to identify the cause of your bodies imbalance by reviewing your health history through a set of detailed questionnaires, one-on-one counseling, and specific lab work. We analyze this information to determine the underlying cause of your specific health concerns and body dysfunction and offer a plan that deals with the root cause of your concerns. We also use this information to identify any potential roadblocks that could deter your future success.
Irvine Nutrition Counseling — Programs for Every Member of Your Family
Performance Health and Wellness has developed programs for every member of your family — our most popular programs are:
- Low Back Pain Meets Superfoods Program: Whether you have a disc injury, constantly tight muscles, or a workstation and daily routine that keeps you in pain, let us help you choose the superfoods & supplements proven to reduce pain.
- Arthritis Recovery Program: Have you been told arthritis pain is just “old age” or “wear and tear”? That concept has been proven to be only a part of the story. Recent scientific research point to specific foods and certain diets that improve arthritis pain naturally.
- Widespread Muscle Pains & Fibromyalgia – Ease the Pain Today Program: You’ve been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and possibly given a prescription, so, now what? Let us guide you to the products in your local health food store and supermarket to complement your existing treatment plan.
- Tame Your Tummy Program: We will identify what is causing an imbalance in your digestive system and work to tame acid reflux, IBS, hemorrhoids, diverticulitis, gluten & food sensitivities using the correct types of foods based on our findings.
- Reduce Your Risk for Heart & Stroke Program: Recent studies reveal that nearly 50% of all heart attack & stroke victims had cholesterol levels that did not predict a problem. Inflammation is often the overlooked risk factor — we can help develop a food plan and lifestyle plan to help protect you from both cholesterol & inflammation to cut your risk of heart attack and stroke dramatically.
At Performance Health and Wellness, we also use our nutritional counseling for health concerns such as:
- Acne & skin conditions
- Food cravings
- Food allergies
- Disease prevention (i.e. cancer/osteoporosis/arthritis)
- Hormone imbalances
- Low energy and fatigue
- Sleep issues
Our programs involve the implementation of a wide range of delicious, whole foods — many of which are considered superfoods — combined with targeted supplementation, digestive enzymes, probiotics, and the appropriate lifestyle modifications to restore the bodies natural function.
Irvine Nutrition Counseling — Tailored to Meet Your Goals
Your nutritional counseling includes follow-up visits where we will analyze your food journals, guide you in your meal planning, food shopping, and food preparation. We also assist you with long-term goal setting, and we encourage and support you along your journey towards better health.