Sciatica is characterized by pain that originates in the lower back or buttock that travels into one or both legs. Sciatic nerve pain varies in intensity and frequency; minimal, moderate, severe and occasional, intermittent, frequent or constant. Sciatica is caused by irritation of the root(s) of the lower lumbar or lumbosacral spine
What are the symptoms of Sciatic pain?
- Pain in the leg or rear that is worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling running down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up